H : Can you find it?
Me : No, I think the shipment hasn’t arrived.
H : Have you checked every aisle?
Me : Yeah. Not only in Jumbo, but Casa Dos Frescos, InterMarket and Kero too. Luanda hasn’t seen Nutella in 6 months..
H : (sad face)
Me : I’m sorry sweetheart.
I don’t intend to win the Best Spouse Award 2012, but man, after rubbing and scrubbing the hazelnuts leaving my palms sore, I am sure I will nail it!
(adapted from Leite’s Culinaria)
1 cup hazelnut
340 gr milk chocolate
2 tbsp mild vegetable oil (I used soy oil)
2 tbsp sweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
- Spread the hazelnut in a single layer and toast them for 12 mins in 175 C. Once it is cool enough to handle, bundle them with a large kitchen towel and rub to remove as much skin as possible.
- In a bain-mairie, melt the chocolates.
- Transfer the hazelnuts into a food processor and pulse till it turns smooth (as smooth as your machine allows), before adding the remaining of the ingredients. Pulse.
- Once the chocolate has melted, drop couple of table spoonful into the hazelnut mixture and pulse. Repeat till you have added all the chocolate.
- Transfer to a container, left to cool down on room temperature.