PLUM GALETTE WITH THYME HONEY SAUCE
(inspired by A Sticky Affair)
1 galette dough – recipe below
5 small red plums, thinly sliced
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp honey
1/2 – 1 tsp of fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 150 C.
- Working on top of parchment paper, lay out the galette dough and flatten it using rolling pin.
- In a bowl, mix the sliced plums with 1.5 tbsp sugar.
- Arrange the plums on the dough: staring on the outside going to inside, leaving 4-5cm off the edges. Carefully fold the edges inwards.
- Sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Bake for 40-45 mins. Serve with Chantilly.
Note: next time, I will probably brush the pleats with egg yolk to turn it golden colour.
(adapted from Sweet Paul Magazine Fall 2011)
makes 2 galettes
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup cold butter, diced
1/4 tsp salt
1-2 tbsp cold water
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together except water. Knead till dough turns grainy (form small peas).
- Add in the cold water by the tablespoon-ful, add more if it’s still dry. I only used 1 tbsp.
- Split the dough into 2 equal portions. Mine weighs 281 gr each.
- Keep in fridge for at least 1 hour before using.