20 sticks of crab stick
1 green onion (scallion), green parts only, roughly chopped
1 tbsp corn starch
1-2 tbsp bread crumbs
5-6 spring roll wrapper, “shredded” i.e. cut with scissors into about 1/2-1 cm width
- In a food processor, blend the crab stick, egg, corn starch, 1 tbsp bread crumbs, salt & pepper till it becomes a consistent paste. If the paste is too wet, add in more bread crumbs.
- Add in the green onion and mix well.
- Prepare your fryer over small to medium heat.
- Wet your hands a little, scoop 1 heaping teaspoon of paste and form a ball using your palms.
- Cover the balls with the shredded spring roll wrapper and drop into the fryer. Fry until it turns golden brown. Serve with mayonnaise.