Watching the badminton single’s men final and I don’t know who I’m rooting for. This is why we’re watching Olympics!
Anyway, I made this as a starter for our anniversary. Very easy as long as you have the ring mould. Your dish easily transported to one of the michellin starred restaurant. Ha! Don’t we wish?
If you have not realize it yet, my food portion is typically small. H always asks for appetizer, main, occassional cheese course and finally dessert. So if you’re not serving as many courses, size up.
FANCY MASHED POTATO WITH RED PESTO SAUCE AND FISH FILLET
(adapted from Cuisine Actuelle)
1 fish fillet (hake, cod, snapper..) – use fishes with thick fillet
2 medium sized potato, diced
handful of brocolli, cut small
1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
4-5 dried tomatoes (abt 2 tbsp)
1-2 tbsp oil of sun dried tomatoes – substitute with olive oil if needed
1 tbsp grated parmigiano reggiano
salt and pepper
- Add the potato into a boiling salted water. Add in the brocolli in the last 2-3 minutes before the potato is completely boiled and soft.
- Strain and mash the potato-brocolli mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Steam the fish fillet. Once it’s done, carefully peel the fish skin, if any and tear the flesh apart.
- Make the pesto sauce: using food processor, add in the pine nuts, tomatoes, oil and the grated parmesan. Pulse till they have combined into a gritty paste.
- On individual serving plate, using the ring mold, first add in the pureed potato-brocolli. Press and smoothen, add more till it has reached about 1 cm thick.
- Then add the pesto sauce, topped with steamed fish. Garnish with what have you and ready to serve.