The boy loves white chocolate. But sometimes, I really want to treat myself to a nice dessert. And eating a bar of chocolate isn’t exactly nice or treating myself to anything indulgent. So I made this. But let me warn you first: the speed of this chocolate disappearing is scary. I worry for our girths.
WHITE CHOCOLATE PIECES
(adapted from Barefoot Contessa)
One bar of white chocolate (180 gr or 200 gr, doesn’t matter)
handful peanuts, toasted – i used mixed of almonds and hazelnuts
1 tbsp dried cranberry
2-3 dried peach, diced
5-6 cubes (dark) chocolate
- (Skip if needed) Toast the nuts in the oven 180 C for about 8-10 mins. Make sure they aren’t burnt.
- Melt the white chocolate in bain marie (use microwave if you prefer). Pour it over parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with toasted peanuts and the dried fruits.
- Melt the (dark) chocolate in bain mairie. Make a small piping bag using parchment paper and fill in with the melted chocolate. Draw criss cross.
- Freeze it till it’s hard enough to cut (about 30 mins). Cut with a sharp knife that’s wiped with warm cloth.
- Serve cold or room temperature, ideally with tea or coffee.