Oh this is really, really, really (!) delicious. Very interesting flavour. Like ordering cheese platter with nuts and dried fruits, you have all those flavors in one mouth. A little sour from the apple, a bit salty from the gorgonzola, the buttery puff pastry gives it a very fragrant smell and the walnut gives the extra crunch. Ooh la.. ils sont tellement bon, comme le paradis. Quelqu’un va se regaler ce soir.
APPLE GORGONZOLA AND WALNUT TURNOVERS
(adapted from Simply Recipes)
1 puff pastry sheet, thawed completely
About 1.5 medium-sized Apples, peeled and diced small – I used Granny Smith
1/4 C chopped walnuts
1/2 C crumbled gorgonzola
1 tbsp honey
pinch dried thyme
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Place chopped apples in a bowl and cook in microwave over high heat for 5 mins. Let it cool down.
- In a small bowl, mix the apple, walnuts, gorgonzola, honey and thyme.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into 12 equal squares. Place the filling into each square and fold into triangles. Pull and stretch a little bit if needed. Using a fork, scrimp the edges.
- Place in the fridge for 5 mins before baking.
- Brush the triangles with egg and bake for 15-20 mins till golden colour. Let it cool down a little bit before devouring.
C’est tout! C’est facile, non?
I’m not really sure about the thyme addition. I understand why, but I don’t know if it’s needed taste-wise. And call me crazy, but I want to add a pinch of salt.