Talking about Cooking Karma, I realize it’s been awhile since H and I cook together. He was the one who taught me how to cook, but ever since I’m brave enough to meddle my way in the kitchen alone, he kind of sits back and relax. His duty primarily consists of doing the dishes and emptying the garbage bin these days. But since today is a public holiday, we stayed at home and made a classic, rustic pizza.
For the pizza dough, I used my usual pizza dough recipe. The key to brown edges is to brush the edges with olive oil. Make sure you remove the parchment paper few mins earlier and bake for the remaining time to get a crusty bottom.
1 tin anchovies, drained of its oil and chopped
1 carton (200 ml) of crushed tomatoes
1 large clove garlic, minced
half medium-size onion, diced
1 tbsp OO
Salt & Pepper
- Heat up the pan and the olive oil. Add in the anchovies, garlic and onion. Stir fry for about 2 mins, before adding the tomatoes.
- Mix well with the tomatoes and let it cook over low-medium fire for about 2-3 mins.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Transfer to a food processor, and process till somewhat smooth.
1 recipe of thin pizza dough
1 recipe of tomato sauce (see above)
150 gr mozzarella cheese, sliced about 1/2 cm thickness
fresh basil, to garnish
1-2 tbsp OO
- Prepare the pizza dough. Brush the outer ring with OO to create a nice brown edges.
- Put a huge dollop of tomato sauce on the pizza dough, spread out using the back of a spoon (circular motion, starting from the centre like drawing outward spiral).
- Lay down the cheese.
- Bake for 8-12 mins, and garnish with fresh chopped basil right before serving.
Today was an unusually quiet day, but we snuggled a lot and watched House.