So now you know how to make a tortilla, what’s next?
(adapted from Closet Cooking)
Abt 250gr chicken breast, cut into thin slices
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tbsp dried red chili flakes
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp oregano
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 medium sized onion, sliced
1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
4 home made tortillas
juice of half a lime
1 cup mature cheddar, shredded
- [The night before] In a small pan, heat up 1 tbsp oil and add red chili, cumin seeds, oregano and garlic. Stir for few minutes until the herbs and garlic have infused the oil. With a spatula, scrap the oil, dried herbs and garlic into the chicken. Rub the chicken with the oil mixture and marinate over night.
- [On the day] Grill the chicken breast, few minutes each side to get a nice colour but not too dry.
- In a pan, over medium heat, heat up 1 tbsp of oil and add in the onions. Cook the onions for few minutes before adding the bell peppers. Cook for another 5-7 mins till the bell peppers have turned soft. Season with salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Turn off the fire and add in the chicken. Stir to mix well.
- While the tortillas are still warm, spread with some mayo. Place the lettuce, then the chicken mixture. Add some cheese and serve immediately.
When you’re done with fajita, play around a little bit and make some quesadillas.