We spend quite a fair bit of time in Paris airport, usually waiting to catch our next flight out. So we regularly dine there. There is a cafetaria–esque restaurant chain called Exki that we usually frequent. The place emphasizes on simple, fresh and organic food. We like the simple salads, soup and quiches they do. Most of the time, we grab their Capri, which is a cold pasta dish with arugula & ham. Simple and yet, I don’t remember we ever not grabbing this one. So here’s my attempt to recreate the simple dish that so often accompanies us on our journey.
CAPRI: SPAGHETTI WITH ARUGULA, HAM & GRANA PADANO
(inspired by Exki’s Capri)
Spaghetti for 2
1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp EVOO, more if needed
2 slices of smoked ham, sliced
Grana Padano, grated
- Prepare the pasta as per manufacturer’s instruction.
- In a medium/large mixing bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar and the olive oil. Season with salt & pepper and whisk well.
- Drain the pasta and transfer into the mixing bowl. Mix to let it coated by the dressing. Add a bit more oil if the pasta is too sticky.
- Add in the arugula & the ham and a little grana padano. Mix well, taste and adjust. Put in fridge until it’s ready to be served.
- Plate and sprinkle with additional cheese.