2 tbsp olive oil
1 C wild rice, washed
half medium size onion, diced
1 glass of dry white wine
About 3 C vegetable stock
3 medium size tomatoes, diced
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/3 C canned corn, drained and rinsed
1/2 C canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
spring onion, chopped
- In a heavy bottom pan with a lid, heat up the olive oil on medium heat. Add in the onion and cook till they turn translucent.
- Add in the rice and stir to let it coated with onion & oil. Add in the wine. And let it cook uncovered until the wine dries up.
- Add in the vegetable stock, tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir and cover. From time to time, stir and if more stock is needed, add more.
- Let it cook for 20 mins or so, until rice is cooked. Turn off the fire.
- Add in the rinsed corn and kidney beans, carefully stir. Top with spring onion.